So it looks like I will be traveling to the magic pre-release tournament tomorrow. I’m excited. The last time I was in a magic tournament was around the time Uzra’s Saga came out. I’m actually curious if my DCI number even works anymore.
A few hot new cards that I can’t wait to get my hands on:
- Pact of negation – a showstopper right here. There’s been a few times when I’ve had a killer combo ready, my cousin is in “dead man’s hand” and somehow he pulls the one spell that can mess me up. No more. Early prediction – next tournament champion is fielding 4 of these.
- Judge Unworthy – so I get to stack my deck and wipe our your creature? For 2 mana? Sold.
- Glittering Wish – another wish card and you can pull any multi-color card you want for 2 mana. Being green/white that can grab some powerful stuff.
- Magus of the Vineyard – cheap mana acceleration and green. Enough said.
- Heartwood Storyteller – lets go stompy on the annoying control deck. Now, I love a good control deck – but stompy is fun. This card will be headhunted.
So hopefully I do well – I’ve never done this type of tournament – and I get some cool new cards.
Random Tidbit: With the iPhone and all the clones of that coming out, be careful disposing of your old phone. It could come back to bite you.